I’M BACK – well not back to work but back enough to say HI to you all.
Recovery from my hysterectomy has been long and drawn out. I’ve had some set backs but each day is a new one: one I don’t take for granted.
I’ve been off work almost 5 weeks. I’ve had a lot of time to reflect on many things: my health, my weight, my eating habits, the crisis in the middle East and how to watch season after season of a TV program – thanks Netflix.
Below are the 5 things I’ve learned since being off work.
1. I HATE MY JOB. I don’t hate working. I’m not the stay-at-home-time (thank you ADD) but I really don’t miss my job. I miss certain people but nothing and I repeat nothing about my job. I so wish I didn’t have to go back. But alas I do. I am thankful that it provides me a pay check and insurance but I truly hate what I do. I was going to start looking for something new before I knew I needed the surgery; now it’s kicked in high gear.
2. TV SUCKS. Real TV. Now in the Fat Household we don’t have cable or satellite. We have a good ol fashioned TV antennae and Netflix and Hulu. However, even though TV sucks, I’ve managed to watch complete seasons (yes plural) of multiple TV shows. I’ve literally fried my brain. It’s mushy.
3. PINTEREST IS THE DEVIL. Okay, not really but if the TV isn’t sucking me in, Pinterest sure in the hell does. I’ve pinned so many awesome things-recipes, crafts, projects, etc that If I lived 10 lifetimes, I wouldn’t do/make/taste all of what I’ve pinned.
4. TEA. I’ve always loved tea but we have become super duper close. I make a gallon of iced tea at a time. It barely lasts me a day. Yes, I said a day. I think I’m single-handedly keeping Liption in business. They should re-name the company FAT MOMMA TEA
And last but not least -
5. NAPS. I LOVE NAPS. I WANT TO SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS THAT I LOVE NAPS. I take one almost every day. Between 11-1 is my normal nap time. Some days its longer. Some it’s sooner. On rare occasions there is no nap and I can certainly tell my body is mad at me for not taking my siesta. I don’t know how I’m going to survive when I go back to work. I think my manager will frown upon me snoozing from 11-1 each day. Maybe I could take an extra long lunch??
I seriously hope you all are doing well. I’ve missed interacting with you all and will get back to the swing of things shortly.
Now leave me alone, I need to pin a few things before I take my nap!